My kick ass truck.

Friday, March 19, 2010

1984

From what I read recently Big Brother is starting to scare me a little. I mean just thinking about a government that watches you and has rules on on you can think. If our system worked like that I'm almost positive people would revolt. If Barak Obama would do anything of the kind the people of Adams county would freak and start shooting. As it states in the Decleration of Independence, if a person finds that the government is not functioning correctly or is not in the favor of the people they as a citizen have the right to revolt. I also think that the book relates a lot to the movie Minority Report. Both the book and the movie has this technology that can see what people are thinking and arrest them prematurely for anything the government doesn't agree with.

5 comments:

  1. I agree that people would revolt in America if the government had rule over the people like in 1984. I also agree that this book and the movie minority report are smiliar in some ways that you pointed out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that if this type of thing happened now people would revolt. It is scary that in the novel the people are so brainwashed by the party that they just give in to whatever they are told and listen and act the way the government wants them too. I also found it weird that Syme is eventually killed because Winston says he is too intelligent. The party fears the intelligent people because they feel that they are the ones with the power to revolt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that if this would happen today people would revolt. It scares me to think that Big Brother has that much power to brainwash people into doing whatever the party wants. I also like the excerpt that you chose from the Decleration of Independence I feel that it fully fits the way people would react today if a power like Big Brother was taking over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think what is even crazier is the idea that there are no laws. Somehow people just know that you shouldn't do certain things or you will be erased. That is scary. What is worse is that when you disappear they make it like you never existed. Your foot print on the world is wiped out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also agree that if Obama did something like this now people would revolt,I know I would. It is also scary to think that some people were okay with following the rules of Big Brother. They had no problem with constantly being watched and listened to because its what the government wanted.

    ReplyDelete